JLT Mountain Guides will focus on training Senior Patrol Leaders from troops (must be First Class Scout), Presidents from Venture Crews, and the top youth leaders in your unit. Participants must be 13 years old. There will be no exceptions to these requirements. This course will accommodate 56 youth, preferably 2 from each troop.
Objectives. The conference has six specific objectives:
1. To give participants the confidence and knowledge to run the troop program
2. To give participants a working knowledge of the eleven skills of leadership and help them relate these
skills to their troop responsibilities
3. To give participants the opportunity to share ideas and experiences with Scouts from other troops
4. To create an atmosphere where Scouts will experience Scouting at its best
5. To enhance the relationship between the participant and his Scoutmaster
6. To have Fun
Camp Teetonkah, Jackson, Michigan, see map on reverse.
This is a 3-weekend course. You must attend all 3 sessions.
1st Weekend: June 15 - 17
2nd Weekend: August 17 - 19
3rd Weekend: August 24 - 26
$150.00, $75.00 down upon registration. Balance due no later than May 15, 2001
REGISTRATION ENDS MAY 15, 2001
Class A uniform as required by your troop
This course will accommodate 56 participants, preferably a maximum of 2 youth from each troop.